If you have a swimming pool, you probably know that you need to run the pool pump to keep the water clean. But how long should you run the swimming pool pump? Why do you need to run swimming pool pumpThe average swimming pool pump should run for about 12 hours a...
Vacuuming your pool has gotten a whole lot easier since the invention of the automatic pool cleaner. An automatic pool cleaner is designed to clean your pool automatically, without the need for you to do any manual scrubbing or vacuuming. If you are looking for an easy and effective way to maintain your pool, then consider investing in an automatic pool cleaner. They are ideal for busy homeowners who don’t have the time to spend on Pool Maintenance.
There are different types of automatic pool cleaners available in the market, so it is important to choose one that best suits your needs. For example, some automated cleaners are designed for above-ground pools, while others work best with in-ground pools. Some cleaners can be used for both types of pools.
- How does an automatic pool cleaner work.
- The benefits of using an automatic pool cleaner
- Types of automatic pool cleaners
- Choosing an automated pool cleaner
- Top 5 automated pool cleaners
- Installation and use of an automatic pool cleaner
- Maintenance and cleaning of an automatic pool cleaner
- Conclusion on automatic pool cleaners
How does an automatic pool cleaner work.
Automatic pool cleaners work by automatically moving around your pool to clean the surfaces and floors. They are easy to install and use, and require very little maintenance.
There are a few different types of automatic pool cleaners available on the market, so it’s important to choose one that best suits your needs.
The benefits of using an automated pool cleaner
The benefits of using an automatic pool cleaner
There are many benefits to using an automatic pool cleaner, including:
- They save you time and effort: Automatic pool cleaners do all the hard work for you, so you can relax and enjoy your pool.
- They’re easy to use: Automated pool cleaners are very easy to set up and use. You don’t need any special skills or knowledge to operate them.
- They’re low maintenance: Automatic pool cleaners require very little maintenance. You don’t need to worry about cleaning the filter or emptying the bag.
- They’re durable: Automatic pool cleaners are built to last. They’re made from tough materials that can withstand years of use.
- They’re cost-effective
Types of automatic pool cleaners
There are two main types of automatic pool cleaners:
- suction-side and
Suction-side cleaners attach to the suction port on your pool’s filtration system. They use the suction from the pump to move around the pool and collect debris.
Pressure-side cleaners attach to the return line of your pool’s filtration system. They use the pressure of the water to move around the pool and collect debris.
Choosing an automated pool cleaner
When choosing an automated pool cleaner, there are a few things you need to consider:
- The type of pool you have: Automated pool cleaners are available for both in-ground and above-ground pools
- The size of your pool: Make sure you choose a cleaner that is the right size for your pool.
- The shape of your pool: Some cleaners are designed for specific pool shapes. Make sure you choose a cleaner that is compatible with the shape of your pool.
- Your budget: Automated pool cleaners range in price from around $100 to $1000. Choose a cleaner that fits your budget.
Top 5 automated pool cleaners
1. Aquabot Turbo T2 Plus
This robot is good at cleaning pool floors and walls. It does well in cleaning the steps where other cleaners tend to fall short. This cleaner is made for above-ground pools.
- Vacuum dirt and debris from the floor through to the waterline.
- Can clean any pool shape
- Cleans all pool surfaces except tile.
- 60-foot swivel cable that ensures tangle free cleaning.
- Covers the floor, wall, and waterline .
- Has an internal pump and filtration system
- Timer settings
- Easy to clean filter.
- Comes with caddy
2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
The CC Plus cleans efficiently. It can clean the floor and walls of in 2 hours. This pool vacuum is made for an in-ground pool
- Includes a 60-foot Patented anti-tangle swivel cable
- For inground pools up to 50 feet
- One-button operation
- Energy efficient
- CleverClean technology with Dual-scrubbing brushes
- Large top-load for filter cartridges
- Leaf & ultra-fine filters
- Scheduler with 3 settings (weekly)
3. Hayward TigerShark QC
The TigerShark has an onboard pump with robust suction that’ll pull all the dirt from your pool floor.
- Powerful 24-volt, energy-efficient motor
- The water pump that can process 4,490 GPH
- Waterline-scrubbing capability
- Cleans most pool surfaces
- Reinforced filters
- Superb wall-climbing ability
- Designed for pools up to 20’ x 40’
4. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend
The Pentair LX500G is a powerful pressure-side in-ground pool cleaner. No booster pump is necessary
- Pool cleaner head
- Sand & silt bag
- Sweep hose
- Feed hose (about 30 feet total length)
5. Zodiac Baracuda G3
The Zodiac Baracuda G3 automatic pool cleaner is an effective automatic pool cleaner at a reasonable cost
- Long-Life Diaphragm
- 36-Fin Disc
- Wheel Deflector which enables the vacuuming of tight corners.
- Patented Quick Release Cassette: Quick and easy access to the diaphragm for basic maintenance.
If you have an above-ground pool, we recommend the Hayward Aqua Bug or the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark. For inground pools, we recommend the Hayward Aquabug or the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend.
Installation and use of an automatic pool cleaner
Most automatic pool cleaners are easy to install and use. Simply follow the instructions that come with your cleaner.
To use an automatic pool cleaner, simply attach it to your pool’s filtration system and let it do its job. Most cleaners will automatically move around your pool and collect debris. Some models may require you to occasionally empty the debris bag.
Once the cleaner has finished cleaning, simply detach it from the pool and store it away until next time.
Maintenance and cleaning of an automatic pool cleaner
Automated pool cleaners require very little maintenance. Simply rinse the cleaner off with fresh water after each use. Occasionally, you may need to clean the filter or empty the debris bag.
When not in use, store your cleaner in a cool, dry place.
Conclusion on automatic pool cleaners
Automated pool cleaners are a great way to save time and effort on pool maintenance. They’re easy to use, low maintenance, and durable. Choose the right cleaner for your needs, and enjoy the benefits of owning an automated pool cleaner.
You may also be interested in:
- Gas Pool Heaters – are they a good idea?Are you thinking of buying a gas pool heater? If so, you need to read this first. In this post, […]
- Why a pool brush is an important part of pool maintenance
- Solar pool heating- what you need to knowSolar pool heating systems are an energy efficient and cost-effective way to heat up your pool, allowing you to spend […]